Tuesday, January 4, 2022

American Revolution

 We are coming up on 2026 - 250th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence- I remember 1976 and the celebrations of that year quite well.  I had thought we might like to lead up to this new anniversary by looking back at the news of the time-  I posted this note from the Hartford Courant 7 Jan 1772- I imagine the patriots and the loyalists will be in the news quite often from this point forward?  

7 Jan 1772 - 250 years ago- Hartford Courant- p. 2 "Though the colonies seem still to adhere to that one resolution, 'that they would import no tea till the duty laid on it here is taken off,' yet it is said, the orders from them for that article are as many and great this year as they used to be formerly."

Maybe we have not changed as much as we think in the past 250 years?


American Revolution

 We are coming up on 2026 - 250th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence- I remember 1976 and the celebrations of that year quite we...